The world is full of competition. Everyone is trying to succeed. The competition is all about improving the self. How far you can go on improving yourself to tackle the problems of society as well as the problems of the soul. There is a challenge to have an aware mind today. The development of mindfulness in an individual leads to the development of several other qualities within you. These qualities, in turn, would lead you to succeed in your life. Let us try to understand the importance of mindfulness in the process of self-development.
How does mindfulness help you to develop your own personality?
Mindfulness can be considered to be the most aware state of the conscious mind. The mind has been classified as having three levels – the first one is the unconscious mind, the second one is the subconscious mind and the third one is the conscious mind. Mindfulness is the instant awareness of someone that helps them to take actions or decisions. Awareness can be guided by several factors. And these factors are those that define the self-development of an individual. The improvement of mindfulness can surely improve the position of you on your self-development scale.
Let us look at how practicing mindfulness is important as a self-development skill. This practice comes with several personal benefits.
- People who practice mindfulness have less anxiety and reduced rumination as well as very few depression symptoms.
- There is mindfulness-based therapy that has proved that practicing mindfulness leads to the reduction of stress.
- It also increases the positive effect and all the negativities are reduced. Compared to the person who does not practice mindfulness, the somatic de-stress and anxiety levels are very less in them who practice mindfulness. Mindfulness can improve the inner harmony of the mind as well as the body.
- This also helps in boosting up the working memory. The working memory capacity of the people who are more aware due to the practice of mindfulness is higher than others.
- The distraction factor is reduced to zero. It is important to practice this meditation for developing concentration and having a focussed attitude.
- The focus on cognitive works increases.
- The focus and the distraction due to the stressful and emotional acts or emotional pictures are no more reflected. One is not affected by the sheer emotions around them. This is better as an attribute of self-development.
- Self-development also requires the achievement of relationship stability. This can be achieved through the practice of mindfulness.
- It helps in self-observation. This increases the ability to have balanced behavior which is a symbol of self-development.
- It also developed empathy and compassion among others who are in touch with the person who practices mindfulness meditation.
Self-development includes certain things that can only be achieved when one’s mind is well aware of things around them as well as it is well aware of the things inside the mind. The importance of having a sound mindfull of awareness is the best thing one can have to develop one’s self. The awareness is the thing that is most expected of us. It is the ladder to self-development.